From pregnancy to birth and beyond
Wonderbump is a perinatal psychology and counselling service for new and expectant parents in Canberra and surrounding regions. Georgina Farrell is the founder of Wonderbump and the principal psychologist in the practice. Her goal is to provide a service which supports mothers and fathers/non-birthing parents to adjust smoothly to parenthood and provide them with the skills to grow together as a family.
Supporting new and expectant parents
Perinatal Psychology & counselling Service
Wonderbump is a perinatal service for new and expectant parents. The goal of our service is to support mothers and fathers with the adjustment to parenthood and to manage early parenting issues.
Georgina Farrell – Psychologist
As a parent herself, Georgina has experienced first-hand many of the challenges that present during the adjustment to parenthood. She brings a kind and compassionate approach to working with her clients. She tailors her approach to meet the unique needs of each family while considering the issues that may have presented during conception, pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
Georgina gained full registration to practice as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia in 2006. She has spent the past 6+ years working in the perinatal field. Georgina accepts referrals from GPs, obstetricians, psychiatrists and individuals. She is experienced in the use of a variety of therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, mindfulness-based interventions and relationship-based approaches to treating perinatal mood disorders.
Areas of special interest
providing support for
- Preconception, including assisted fertility
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Infants 0-2 years
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Parenting support – Circle of Security Parenting (COSP)
- Relationship support – Becoming Us Parenthood Program and Gottman Bringing Baby Home Program
Memberships & certifications
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
(AHPRA reg no. PSY0001300747)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Member of the Australian Association of Psychologists (AAPi)
- Member of the Centre for Perinatal Psychology
- Member of the Australian Association of Infant Mental Health (AAIMH)
- ACT Branch Secretary of AAIMH
- Circle of Security Parenting (COSP) Facilitator
- Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Becoming Us Parenthood Tour Guide
Fees & Rebates
Medicare rebates are available to those who have a current referral and Mental Health Treatment Plan.
Private health insurance rebates vary depending upon the level of cover and insurer.